Saturday, October 16, 2010

The little things


I do have a couple things going on in my everyday life. Sam poops on the floor and tells me it's chocolate. He puts his buzz lightyear in the freezer because he's too hot. He tries to drink straight from the milk jug in the fridge. I work, take Kelton to and from school-football etc. I am a very lucky lady to have what I do and the family I have. I don't have many exciting things in my life, so the other day when I saw the mailman, and all he had was 1 envelope for me, I was a little surprised. I do most things online, but I will usually get the junk mail, work mail, the occasional bill etc. So when he just had 1 thing it should have been an sign. A sign that my life might get a little exciting. I opened the perfect handwriting envelope and there to my amazement was a plethora of coupons! A friend and former co-worker, we shall call "Amanda", purchased a happenings book, went through all the coupons and picked out the ones she knew she wouldn't use, (and the ones she will-then put those in order of location)and sent them to me. I know this may seem a little trivial to you all, but honestly, this totally made my day. The thought and consideration it took for her to think of me, and mail them almost made me cry (if I was a crier I would have). I just wanted to let you all know how awesome "Amanda" is, and how she made my day a little more less monotonous. Thank you and the end.

3 comments:

Lori said...

That is such a nice friend. She is definitely a keeper.

xXx said...

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I *ALMOST* MADE YOU CRY!?!? :D Do you think it is a little twisted that THAT makes ME smile!? LOL! I'm glad it made your day! I'm surprised I had to 'whitepage' address, because I wrote it down 2x a week for 2 years haha. I miss your face! LOVELOVELOVE, "Amanda"

xXx said...

Oh and PS, I love that me and Buzz Lightyear both have hot flashes. I sometimes wish I could fit in a freezer. And I love Sam's poopy stories. AT LEAST HE IS POOPING. :)