Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm in a funk

I am totally in a funk right now. I was hoping I would use this blog as a journal, but seems I pretty much suck at it. We've been busy around here redoing the downstairs. It is coming along great, but taking way longer than I hoped. Shad installed carpet (with Kevin's help) last weekend, and hopefully this weekend he can finish the hallway. The boys are sharing a room and Kelton is excited about it.
Kelton (yes, back to Kelton instead of KJ)started flag football this week and is in love again.
"When I play baseball it's my favorite, when I play soccer it's my favorite, now I am playing football, and it's my favorite". I remember those feelings too.

Sam, is well...Sam. I could literally spend the whole day watching him and laughing. This. kid. does. not. stop. Kelton was the other extreme- mellow kid, Sam is a typical almost 2 year old, with a little extra kick. He is really funny, but into everything. In one day he had both hands up the toilet (all the way to the hole), climbed on the counter and was trying to take the knives out of the holder (now in the cupboard), put some peanuts in the microwave and started it, tried to climb over the gate by the stairs (had to put there since he turns off the swamp cooler) while standing on his bus, learned how to open the freezer (yes freezer), learned how to open the laptop and "work", and smash bananas all over the floor. This is a pretty typical day. It's not like our house is that big, but I can't let him out of my sight for more than a couple minutes. It's funny.

Shad is in love with e-bay and fishing at the moment. I don't know if it's better than the bear and cougar obsession, but at least he's home.

Me, same ol same ol. I have been busy with work and what not. I have been having issues lately with not being able to concentrate on any one thing for very long. Not sure what that's all about. I have always had a little problem with that, but it seems to be getting worse. I have so many things to get done, but I don't know where to start. I seem to be going all day, and at the end of the day what have I finished? A few hours of work billing, vacumming, sweeping, and maybe filling some nail holes to prep for paint. I just don't feel like I am accomplishing anything. I don't want to watch TV (well now that big brother is over), I don't want to read (but still do for at least 20 minutes a day), I don't want to do anything but play with Sam and maybe my stupid farm on facebook (but that has actually died since I have neglegted that like the rest of my plants) Anyway, got to get Sam to bed. Last night he was up unitl 11, and again at 2 and 6 for the day. With a nap at 6pm for 20 min.







I have been cutting the corn off the cob all summer ( the 2 times I've made it...) I left to go get Kelton to come eat, and Sam was sitting in Kelton's chair eating it off the cob. So now he gets to eat it like all of us.


Check out his eyes. If they weren't cousins it wouldn't gross me out like it does. I was thinking it would be cute, but it kinda sicks me out.


Note- Sam is wearing her shoe


The way they look at each other is so darn cute.
While watching the kids last week, Sam and Addie were inseperatable. They followed each other everywhere. They even had to eat in the same kitchen chair. I wish I would have taken one of them on the little bus together. She was holding onto him like you would on a real motorcycle.


Let me set the scene. I am downstairs painting, Kelton is watching Sam upstairs. I look up and see this, plus a burrito in his hand. Being a great big brother, they took a bath, but didn't know where the pj's were, so he sent him down to ask me.

5 comments:

xXx said...

Love the pics! Sam is getting SO BIG!
As for being in a funk... I hear ya. Hang in there. One word: Adderall. I never thought I would really seriously actually have ADD, ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE. ha ha
Hope all is well. I miss talking to you! :( <-- super sad face

Lucy Wall said...

Should i wonder about my daughter being to aggresive with boys when she gets older?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Funk... maybe we should have a GNO this weekend!

Lori said...

I'm glad things are going well. Thanks for the update. I love the naked cowboy pics. What a nice big brother to take care of him.

Shayleen Lunt said...

You aren't in a funk...you are a mom! Does it make you feel any better that I do the same thing....wonder around doing this and that all day and then when it's time for bed I wonder what I've done all day.
It's always amazing to me that two kids can be so different!