Thursday, March 4, 2010

the bed part 2


Yes, we are selling our home, we have had it listed now for a couple months. We are hoping to get into a little bigger place on a road not quite as busy. We aren't in a hurry to sell it which is good since right now isn't a great time to be selling.

Our bed is (was) built up about 5 feet. The stairwell ceiling is underneath of it. A bed at one time I could imagine being a princess in..after about 2 weeks, I have tried to convince Shad to tear it down. We are now 8 years into being in this house, and I have asked Shad at least 100 times (probably a lot more), to tear it down. I have had "visions" of what I could do with the space. I would tease and threaten to do it while he was on one of his trips, but never had the guts to do it. His reasoning would always be "it's good oak", "it would be a pain in the a- to do anything with it", "it's fine".
So-last Friday, I tore it down. I started with just wanting to see exactly how far the stairwell really goes. After about 2 hours of carefully dismantling the princess bed I decided-what the heck. He is already going to be mad, might as well finish.... Bad idea Amy, bad idea.
I won't go inot details about when Shad got home from work that night. (the people who wanted to co me see the house didn't show-but we had a family come on Saturday to look). I just want to say, my vision of what could have been, can not be. I thought I knew Shad mad, but I underestimated that man. He is ok with me now and after much sitting and staring at our torn up room- it will work out. We will have a closet and shelves in place of the princess bed. I am not allowed to touch anything with it, I just sit and watch him and run and get whatever he needs at the store. Doesn't that just sound fun. In a couple weeks I will have a normal person bed on the floor. (right now it's a mattress on the floor)
BONUS
We did find hardwood floors under our bedroom carpet.
photo courtesy of shad Saturday night

8 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oh Amy. I am SO SORRY that Shad was so mad. I hope it was worth it in the end. He should have known YOU better....if you asked him that many times, he had to know what was coming :)
I'm excited to see the new set up...make sure to take pictures!

ellie said...

I am happy for you that you won't have to climb up a ladder to get to bed anymore - or for that matter to finally have a bed on the floor like most people. Way to go Amy - you can do anything you set your mind to!!!

Lori said...

I'm glad you are still alive. I bet when it is all done and fixed up Shad will love it even better and be glad you did it (let's hope). :) Post pics when it is done.

sarinah♥ said...

I'm sorry! LOL!

xXx said...

That is AWESOME. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

so... I have to ask, where is Shad sleeping these days!?! lol.

Launa said...

Amy I am glad you got rid of that bed. I am on your side. I just wish my son would have not wasted all that extra space and made you a bigger closet. Men just don't get it! A happy wife makes a happier husband! Love ya mom j.

Anonymous said...

As mentioned, in IWC , quality is definitely thought to be the peak priority and is taken into severe account from the split second that it is framed. IWC Watches is the supreme resilient watch which still continues to carry a lot of prestige as well as beauty. Replica IWC was likewise not a secret that their historical past consists of the flight of the Replica IWC Watches Speedmaster for manned space missions; one of these had been the very first man on the moon.