Monday, December 5, 2011

Setting: Sunday afternoon, family gethered together for post baby blessing (which was wonderful) lunch. Amy inside helping prepare the lunch. Shad outside with many nieces and nephews playing.
Shad is pulling the rope swing with Kelton in it. Kelton goes really really high. Sam runs in front of Kelton's swinging rope swing. BANG
"aunt Amy! Sam is bleeding!"
"ok"
"no, Amy, he's bleeding bad!"







Sam ran in front of the swing, and Shad didn't have time to react, nor did Kelton. the swing/Kelton hit Sam, and he went flying onto the concrete. I am so thankful for all the quick help we received by both family and medical staff.
Sam was put into unconscious sedation, and when he was coming out, we looked like:
Shad-an indian
Amy-weird with lots of eyes
Kelton-not kelton
A long emotional day, but all is well at the Johnson's home. My boys sure love each other.
whilst in the hospital Kelton climbed onto the bed with Sam:
"Sam, I am so sorry I hit you"
"it's ok Kelton, it's ok" while he pats his big brothers tummy...

6 comments:

sarinah♥ said...

So sorry,Sam!!!Hope you feel better!!

Shayleen Lunt said...

I always knew it! I just always knew that Shad was actually an Indian! hehe
So glad that was all that happened...sounds like it could have been much worse with a head and concrete involved. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness.... SAM! and unfortunaly Amy with this kid, I think its' just the beginning. However, Shad needs to work on his reflexes, this isn't the first "incident" he has been to SLOW at -hahah. I will bring you a treat Sam.

Anonymous said...

oh wait... when did this happen? is this an up-to-date blog post or a catch up? I am happy with all the posts by the way!good job AMY!

Lucy Wall said...

dave and i are now deciding between a bouncey house or a tramp. you know, since the swing is coming down. we sure love that little harry potter

Lori said...

wow that looks horrible! I wouldn't have even known how to help that. I would have freaked out. I'm glad he is good now. Cute brothers though.