Saturday, February 9, 2008

Boys

The Dr. said on Wednesday that Sam can have fruits and vegies now so we have had fun the last few days. He said to stay with the same fruit or vegie for 4-5 days before switching to something new and to only give him a tablespoon or two at a time. We started with pears and he absolutely attacked the spoon. I was surprised at how well he kept it in his mouth. After I gave him about half the container I put everything away and got him out of the highchair, he started screaming bloody murder. I made him a bottle and he wouldn't have anything to do with it for a good 20 min. I think he was hoping for some more pears. Today we tried the peas. As most babies are, he hated them. He even gagged. Shad said he is already like his mother, and my mom said that I had to have coached him on that one, but we all know now that it is a REFLUX to gag when something is disgusting-such as peas.

Kelton learned how to use chopsticks in scouts this past week and had to eat a meal with them to pass off something towards his wolf. He can manuver those things way better than I can. Shad and I both think we would starve if we had to always eat with those, unless you can stab your food with it, they are useless.

We had parent teacher conferences this week and once again I am so proud Kelton. He is testing at a 4.1 reading level and doing great in math. Miss LeeMaster said that he is such a good, quiet kid and all the kids love him. I know he is a good kid, and I love him, but why in the world does he do ALL the things the teacher asks, but at home it takes at least 10 times before he follows any of my "advice"? I think I am way too lax on the punishment thing. I need to work on that.

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Taking away his pears? What kind of a mommy are you ;)
Love the pics and that Kelton...he is something else!

Anonymous said...

You sent this link to Jim- hope you don't mind were keepin up! You have the cutest family...

Unknown said...

That is one reason why ugg boots are a popular choice with actresses for wear on the set between takes. ugg is also a great value. At around $200 a pair retail, they are certainly not bargain basement prices, but the uggs price is more than reasonable for such quality made footwear. Each ugg sandals is reinforced with double-stitched seams for long wear. The ugg sandals boots soles are also durable, made of high quality materials and molded to provide excellent traction on all types of terrain.