Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kelton is 8 and a half

Kelton has now accomplished 3 nights sleeping in his own bed! I am so proud of him. I don't know if me saying "you are 8 and a half now, you are big enough to sleep in your own bed", or if he just REALLY wants the baseball/football comforter I promised to get him after 14 nights of sleeping down there, OR if the threat that he can't play on the computer or do xbox after school has made him realize it is ok to sleep in his own darn bed. I have spent hours and hours cleaning out the "dungeon" to make it a more welcoming place to be. I have to say I am quite proud of myself. It will never be perfect, but for crying out loud this house was built in 1930, need I say more.
Tonight we have the blue and gold banquet for scouts and he is getting 2 beltloops for football and soccer, and he is pretty excited about that. I remember mom speding hours with the boys doing scout stuff and I honestly can't believe I am now a scout mom. However, I am not spending the hours doing it like she did.
My sunbeams are getting better every week. I have found a way to get them to listen for almost five whole minutes...candy. Candy always works. I have learned to tie in candy to my lesson. Last week on the Holy Ghost I gave them suckers with happy and sad faces on each side and they had to show me the happy side for good things they could do, and sad side for sad things that will make them feel bad (thank you Shayleen!). After that little excercise I let them eat their suckers while I told a story. It worked like a charm. I am starting to enjoy it more every week. I come home tired, but feeling pretty darn happy.
Sam is doing great, he is getting better and better at eating. I have got him to eat his peas with water and extra rice cereal mixed in. We have a routine of 20 minute naps every 2 hours or so throughout the day, it may not be much, but it is pretty consistant.
Last note, I just want to express my love for my family. Not just the one I live with everyday, but my brothers and sister. I know I picked them before I came here, but for them to allow me to be a part of their family is beyond me. My big sister Michelle is a great example to me,(and great shopper), Ben is always there when needed and so fantastic with his kids, Matt (who I really miss) is so great to talk to when you need a good laugh (and dental advice). And finally, my little brother Dave, is an example of what a true man really is. He is a humble, gentle guy, who would do anything for anyone, I only wish I was as strong of a person he is. Mom and Dad thank you for letting me be your daughter. Of course I wouldn't be complete without the Johnson side too, I am so grateful for all they do for us and for the love I get from them.

1 comment:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Whoo hoo Kelton! New comforter, here he comes! And way to go on the scouting beltloops! Now that I'm semi involved in scouting (with my primary calling), I see all the work these boys do (and don't do). I look forward to the time that Sam has two scheduled naps per day!!! Long naps (more than 20 minutes)!!! Oh yeah, that's some booger too ;)