Monday, March 10, 2008

2 Miletstones in 1 week!

First milestone: Kelton has officially slept in his bed for 14 nights! He has now earned a new comforter for his bed. I am so proud he has finally accomplished this. I know he is 8, and he should have been doing this for a long time, and I have been a horrible mom letting him sleep upstairs for so long. It is totally my fault he has had such a hard time doing this. BUT, he has done it, and is totally pumped to decorate his "sporty" room.

Second milestone: Sam has officially rolled over. He has been really close for a while, but didn't really seem to have a desire to do it. He is such a chilled out little boy and was totally content to just lay on his back. We would show him toys that he really wanted and put them just out of reach, but he looked at it and thought "nah, I don't need it that bad". Last Tuesday, mind you this is the ONLY day I physically go to Sandy to work, he rolled over at Grandma Johnson's house. I totally freaked out. I didn't want him to do it without me there. I swear I wasn't going to miss any of his "firsts". I was so distraught the rest of the day when mom said he rolled. I think she could sense my sadness, and told me it was probably an accident that he did it. Sure enough, Tuesday night, he did it at home too..so it wasn't an accident. Now he does it when he is wide awake and full, but if he is sleepy at all, it's a no go. He hates being on his tummy, so once he rolls, he really wants to be back where he was. I know this isn't a huge milestone, but because I missed everything with Kelton, it is really important that I am here for all of Sam's.

Last thing for today is a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOM AND DAD JOHNSON! THE BIG 60! When I type it, it seems like a typo and can't be right, but there it is Johnson's. SIXTY BIG ONES. The count down is on for medicare.

1 comment:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Amy - Have I mentioned lately how happy it makes me that you blog?
I'm sure my mom is going to love that big shout-out for her birthday ;)
I'm sorry you missed his roll-over. Luckily, you have SO MANY more ahead!
Thanks for posting pictures of Shonte' and Brandon too!!!!!
Sam is SO STINKIN' cute! I want to hold him and squeeze him so bad!
HOORAY to Kelton for sleeping in his bed...now that is huge milestone! Keep up the good snoozin' Kelton!
Love you guys!