Monday, May 19, 2008

Camping with Dad

Shad and Kelton went camping Thursday night through Saturday. They had a great time. I was wondering if Kelton would actually make it two nights without me :). He got a bit cold Thursday night, Friday night, Shad woke up to Kelton trying to scoot down to the bottom of the sleeping bag. Shad asked him what he was doing and he pointed to the bottom corner and said, "I want to go down there." Shad asked again, why are you doing that? His response: "I want to go down there". Shad wasn't sure if he was even awake, but supposedly Kelton remembers it. I thought that was pretty funny. On a tangent, the first time Shad and I went camping it was freezing. I remember we got in the cab of the truck to sleep. I had a very vivid dream that the neighboring campers knocked on the window in the early morning and offered Shad a 32 oz. hot chocolate, and they gave me a little 8 oz cup of ice water. When I woke up, I was curled on the floor freezing, and Shad was laying on the seat with a blanket. Still to this day, I will never forget how real that dream was, and what it meant. Makes me wonder if Kelton was just trying to get some blankets. Friday afternoon I saw the air mattress pump in the corner of the living room. I was laughing out loud thinking of the two of them blowing up the queen size air mattress by mouth. Kelton found a great digging place, whatever that means. He brought his bird books to try and identify some species. They went four wheeling, looked for antler sheds, fishing, and played a little catch. Kelton had a great time, he is already planning the next trip.

sausage and eggs a la shad



marshmallows around the campfire.
they sang sponge bob square pants c-a-m-p-f-i-r-e song.



didn't catch a fish, but caught a crawdad with a gob of cheese.



up close crawdad

4 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Don't camping trips make some of the best memories? (except for dreams of icewater - brrr!)
I am SO HAPPY that Shad actually took pictures! Way to go Shad!
What a great outing! What fun it will be when Sam is a bit older and you can go as a family! We are going camping in a few weeks...Carter's first time. (I'm planning to not get much sleep!)
Those eggs actually look good...if memory serves me right, Shad can cook good eggs :)

Shayleen Lunt said...

I was just looking at the pics again - Kelton is so dang handsome!

xXx said...

those are such cute pictures! i bet they had so much fun!!!

Unknown said...

Amy & Shad your blog is so dang cute. What beautiful kids. What fun stories! I still can't believe the scooter story....