Monday, June 1, 2009

Good week

Two weeks ago I received a letter from Kelton's teacher saying he was getting an award at school and she would like us there, but not to tell him. I wrote on the calendar Amy 9 am but didn't put what it was for (duh, so he wouldn't know). Last week, I see there is Amy 9am on Thursday, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was. It was driving me crazy. I wouldn't write something down if I didn't need to do it. Thursday morning, I asked Kelton what he was doing at school for his last full day, and he said, I don't know, but we do have an awards assembly, and I saw her write Adam's name down, and he has been a stinker all year." OH MY! That's what it was on the calendar! I took him to school, got Shad and Sam ready to go, and we surprised him at the assembly. He received an academic achievement award. We are so proud of him. What a good kid.


Walking up to accept "the award" from Miss Threet.




Last day of school was a whopping hour and 45 minutes. What is the purpose of that anyway? I can't believe he is going to be in 4th grade. I am so old. I remember the summer after 3rd grade was the first year we drove to Utah for the summer. It seems like forever ago, but I remember it. I remember Dave was a baby. Baby? What? My brother Dave? Who now has 2 babies of his own? Weird. Is this what little old people think when they see their great-grand kids?



Yesterday one of my little sunbeams brought me cookies after church. They were still warm. While I was visiting with his awesome mom, I decided to put the gate down in the kitchen and let the kids play. Sam kept going back and forth-living room to kitchen. Over and over and over. When my visitors went to leave, I found Sam inside the dishwasher (he figured out how to open it-while locked) and this in the sink.




Last but not least, the boys got one of their bears this last weekend. Kelton was able to go up again (thanks Jason) and spend another weekend in the mountains with the guys and dogs.



3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow. What a loaded post. Congrats to Kelton on such a great award! Congrats to Amy for remembering the summer after 3rd grade, but not remembering her 9am appointment last week. ???
Who shot the bear? Looks like fun. Does Kelton really enjoy all that stuff? If so, I bet Shad loves that ;)

sarinah♥ said...

WOW, Amy, you better start thinking about the wheelchair or walking cane you might need! Really! Thanks from all of us that are older than you! I might as well pick out my coffin. LOL! Congrats to Kelton!

Lori said...

Congrats kelton and on the bear. Toddlers are so funny with the things they do. How do they figure those things out?