Monday, March 7, 2011

PRK

As you all know, I had PRK a last month, courtesy of Dr. White for my 10 year anniversary working for him. I think I am seeing almost 20/20 now (bw hasn't checked in a couple weeks, but it feels like it). The "recovery" was a lot worse than I was anticipating. I figured since I wasn't in pain and could see pretty well the few days, I would be good to go. WRONG. I wasn't able to get much work at all done for almost 2 weeks. It was like looking through wax paper on day 3-5 and that drove me crazy. My vision was about 20/70 week 1, 20/100 on week 2, then 20/70 week 3. This isn't the "norm", but not uncommon either. I think I tried to work a little more than I should have in the beginning. When your boss pays for a surgery, and you are the biller. You know that there needs to be money coming in to pay said bill, and how can money come in when you aren't billing or posting checks. Anyway, bla bla bla- I can't spit the words our right now. SO, just watch this. I had it done at Hoopes Vision The first is marking the eye, then filling the ring with rubbing alcohol to soften the tissue. Then a "hoe" scrapes off the top layer of cells. After that you will see them clean it off, then laser. You can see the flying spot laser correcting when it gets dark. The laser they used was one that corrects higher order abberations, so each part of my eye is getting treated differently. PRK uses the same laser, you just don't have a flap made like with Lasik. When you see Lasik advertised at 499 an eye, they are using an old laser that is normally a broad beam that only corrects one way all over the cornea. Please for the love, don't ever go to those places. You will regret it. For shizzle.

and just kidding. i have tried about 17 times to load the video, but alas, it won't..
A big shout out to Mom for taking care of me, and driving me-and of course for the dinners from my bff's.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is so awesome your boss paid for the surgery! I had the same procedure done and my recovery was just like yours. I went from better to worse to better also. It is a hard recovery but so worth it. I would do it again in a heart beat. Enjoy your new eyesight!!