Friday, December 21, 2007

THREE HOURS!!!!

THREE HOURS last night!!! THREE hours, I got THREE hours. I got THREE hours of sleep!!!! Sam slept for a little over three hours straight last night! I don't know when the last time I felt so completely rested. I don't know if it was from the Tylenol I gave him, or if it was something that I can look forward to tonight. On another note, it must seem to the nurses at the doctors office that I am on over-ractive mother. Sam is now 2 and half months and he has been to the office 4 times. On Monday morning Shad suggested I call the doc. and see if we should take him in. He has been sleeping less, and he sounds really congested still. Dr. Mower just looked at me and smiled, "his oxygen level is fine, his nose is clear, his lungs sound good and clear, oh is left ear is a little red. It could be a little ear infection. I will give you an antibiotic that will help if that's what it is. He has had a head cold and sometimes it is followed by an ear infection." Needless to say, I honestly think he gave me the rx to appease me. When we got home I was doing the balance thing with the syringe in one hand and Sam in the other and didn't put the cap on the medicine. Before I finished squirting it in I hear a little noise in the kitchen and Kelton saying uh, oh mom I spilled the medicine. Over half the bottle was now on our Christmas rug...I am sure I will have close to enough to give it to him until Monday, but honestly I don't know if I really need to worry about it.

Every morning this week, the first thing I hear out of Kelton's mouth are how many days are left until Christmas. I have gone over the real meaning a thousand times, but I guess at 8, the pile of presents under the tree are way more exciting. Last night we had the Wall Christmas dinner and thanks soooo much for the Chia pet Michelle, we know where that will end up and how long. The coat from the Matt Wall family "is so warm and cool, like a big guys coat for the mountains", and Ben and Britney you know the tin with the gift card will be on his special things shelf for years to come. Addie looked so cute in her perfect little pants and shinny shoes. The chicken was to die for and it was really a great night.

I am looking forward to Christmas this year and to see Kelton's face in the morning. I never thought that I would have so much fun shopping for someone else. I am so incredibly grateful for my family and love being a mom. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: