Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Believer

KJ is 9 years old

couple weeks ago...this is pretty much exactly word for word.

KJ-mom i really want this robot for christmas

me-uh, do you really think that you would play with a robot that is controlled by the computer? for real dude, it's 269 bucks.

kj-don't worry mom (pats me on the arm) i am going to ask santa for it.

me-oh, ok. but wouldn't you like something you would actually use more than a month?

kj-yeah, maybe i will ask him for shoulder pads since i think those are more anyway.

me-chuckle chuckle, ok. sounds good to me

kj-don't you think it's cool when you go to the store and all the toys and things are in boxes, then when santa brings them for christmas they are in the same kind of package as the store? it's like the elves know exactly what it looks like!

me-i know, it's pretty cool hu.

kj-can you ask for anything like 100 bucks or a house?

me-no, it needs to be a toy they can make.

kj-oh, ok. i want football pads.

me-k

--------------------------

last week

kj-mom the tooth fairy didn't come last night!

me-oh no, it must have been too windy for her

kj-mom, it wasn't windy last night. oh, but maybe it's cause i put the tooth in a bag with a knot in it and she couldn't get it open. we'll have to put it in a ziplock.

me-yeah, you are probably right. we'll do that tonight.

7 comments:

Lori said...

That is so cute. That is great that he still believes.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I read the "it must have been to windy for her" comment. Too Cute! I seriously hope my kids "Believe" tell their 20, I love the MAGIC of it all!

xXx said...

WHAT!? Are you actually telling me that there is NO SANTA!!!
WHAT THE HELL!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the cutest, funniest dialogues ever! Thanks so much for sharing. What a sweet spirit Kelton is!!!

sarinah♥ said...

I have definitely had the tooth fairy experience many times. Jason has now taken over. The tooth fairy is now a male.

Britney said...

That makes me happy - he still really believes.

Lance and Kim said...

Amy,

Okay, I am so excited to have found you on facebook and now on your blog. This is too cool! Your boys are just adorable.