Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Have you ever been somewhere (someone else's house) and realized how incredibly grateful you are for your own? Last night I had the opportunity to go visit a couple little children. As I walked up to one of the homes, there was a strong odor of different things. As I walked in the door, I saw food and garbage all over the floor. I have never seen anything like it besides on tv. I can't describe to you the sadness I felt for these poor children living there. I wanted to just take them home with me. I know everyone has different circumstances, and I don't have the perfectly clean house of Martha Stewart. However, leaving that house, I was so incredibly grateful for the home I have. I am grateful, that I have a warm house, with lights, and running water. Sure, I need to vacuum more than once a day, and I should dust more often. I may have a "little old house", but I love it. I love that I can take care of my family here. There are days that I just wish so bad for a garage, for a bigger kitchen (even though this one is cute),
for a bed on the floor,
(this bed is for real, you need a ladder to get on)
a bigger bathroom, or maybe 2 bathrooms. After last night,however, I hope I never have those feelings again. I am so lucky to have what I do.

1 comment:

xXx said...

AWWW doesnt that just break your heart! It snaps me back to reality.
When I complain that I have nothing to eat in my house!! (It means nothing that looks good to me at the moment)... but I remember that there are others that dont get a choice...ever.