Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa

Pick up Kelton at school 3:00
Drive to University Mall-missing all but 1 light.
Arrive to see Santa 3:32.
Line closed at 3:30 for Santa's dinner HOUR starting at 4
Go to Pizza Factory (of course they have pizza!)
No pizza.
Boys get mac and cheese, me chicken parmesan with spaghetti
Kelton eats like he never has. Sam eats mine.
KJ "mom, Santa just came in!"
Santa had just walked by our table to eat his dinner! How exciting!
Told the waitress, who confirms this.
KJ "I wonder what he eats?"
Leave Pizza Factory 4:30
wait in line
Santa comes about 4:45 and wanders the line talking to children.
He puts arm around Kelton and looks at Sam
"We saw you eating at Pizza Factory Santa. We were eating there too!"
Santa "ho ho ho. Yes, I love that place. I ate chicken marsala, lasagna, salad, bread, and ice cream. That's why I am so fat. Ho ho ho."
Kelton is grinning ear to ear right now with amazement.
Sam is staring at him
Santa's helpers show up and line starts to move.
Santa takes his seat.
Wait, wait, wait
We are next. Sam keeps running to Santa to sit on his lap.
Kelton grinning.
Our turn, Sam runs up to him. stops. I lift him up. He screams.
Kelton sits next to Santa
Sam is on his lap yelling.
They tickle him-he starts to grin.
Santa asks Kelton what he would like.
He says a DS or a telescope, you choose.
"That's great. I am the King of Surprises! Mom, will you do me a favor? I am starting a little earlier this year, since my schedule is so full, so will you make sure the boys get to bed a little earlier than usual? That would be so helpful if you did that for me."
Sure Santa. I can do that.
We get suckers from Sees Candy. My fav., but do I get one? no
We leave.
Walking out to the car
"Mom, we better make sure to leave earlier from grandma's on Christmas Eve. I can't believe how much he ate. I wonder if the reindeer are here. He did surprise me a couple times with presents.I just saw something move on top of the mall. It was shaped just like the front of a sleigh. I think it's up there hiding."
What an awesome 2 hours.
Totally worth it.
Totally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute....and what a good mom you are, I would have gotten ticked and left...not you, your amazing!

sarinah♥ said...

Good times,great traditions!!!

Unknown said...

Don't forget to use some rope to floss between his front teeth.

Lori said...

How cute! The picture turned out great. You had a really nice santa.