Saturday, October 4, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!

I can't believe it has been a year already! I am so incredibly lucky to have little Sam.

little sam
We waited and waited for you to come to us and it finally happened. We didn't know if you were a girl or boy, and your big brother was sure hoping for a boy. When the nurses wheeled me into surgery, I remember feeling so weird, excited, and scared. . Dr. Mower pulled you out and I saw your little head, I knew we had a little Sam. Your head was so perfectly round. I got to touch your little head for a second and say hi and then the nurses took you away to weigh you and check you out. When dad walked out with you, I could hear screams of joy. Kelton said "yes! a brother!" I remember going back into my room hoping to see you, Kelton, Grandma and Dad, but everyone was in the nursery looking at you! You were so perfect. I spent the next few days holding and feeding you and just staring at you.

You love to listen to music (especially Keith Urban and childrens music), you love lights and fans. You are the fastest crawler I have ever seen. You are such a happy little boy, who can thrive on very little sleep. There isn't a food you don't like,sometimes I think that you can't feel that you are full because you just keep eating and eating. Kelton loves to play with you every morning before school, and the second he gets home does the same. I spend most of my day just watching you and laughing. You are seriously so funny. When dad gets home from work the first thing he does is say SAMMY! then you go crawling over to him. You love to take baths and can get to the bathroom door in record time every time you hear it open. You love your big brother and are such a great little boy.

We are so excited to have you in our family. We love you.











3 comments:

sarinah♥ said...

Happy Birthday,Sam! We love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam . ..

Launa said...

Amy you are such a cute mom! I love you dearly. Thank you for being such a great mom to those precious boys, who I love so much. Mom J